Let me share with you how this “stage”, the unemployed kind of, run small business from home “stage” is affecting my life.
I eat pancakes at 2 in the afternoon. I run at 10:37 a.m. I “window” shop at 1:14 p.m. (note that I say window and not real shopping…in case you can’t tell, these withdrawals are getting less bearable). And this part’s the best, I watch the price is right, the view, and ashamed I say I’m “getting into” the young and the restless.
And in doing so these are my observations:
- Honey is nota good substitute for syrup no matter how much of a super food I’m told it is…
- I am not ready for the ½ marathon I’m about to do on Sunday (I won’t mention the fact that I’ve had an uninterrupted 10 weeks to train)
- Those toms really would look good with that outfit I designed on polyvore. (can I start taking collections?)
- Is it just me, or has Drew Carey lost weight? And?! When did all the contestants become 20-somethings? They must be unemployed like I am. Heyyyyyy, maybe I can become a contestant and make some money to go shopping….
- The above me neighbor stomps at all hours of the day and night. And someone is always in the bathroom at the same exact time that I get ready. No joke, and that’s not a consistent time either. I actually think they are having group poops because there always seems to be conversation, foreign conversation.
- Sasha has this thing for the mail-lady, but only her. This I know because she whimpers at the door when she hears the mailbox open. The lawn keepers on the other hand….they’re not as loved…
- My apartment is a mess. I can’t walk into my closet and I’ve convinced myself to leave the clothes on the floor so that I truly know that there really is no more room for more clothes…hence I won’t go shopping and thank goodness because my bank accounts are inching closer to red. (job please?)
- The daily debate is to get dressed or stay in pajamas. (Honestly though, I love that one..in fact as I type this you should know that I went with pajamas…hehehhehe!).
A month ago, I didn’t want to decide between a cute outfit and pajamas. I couldn’t even decide between couch or bed. All I knew was despair because I had quickly forgotten the blessings that God speaks through. This “stage” has been just that. I love that God had to break me to rebuild me.
And in rebuilding me, this is what I’ve learned, “Never regret anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.” thank you pinterest.
It is. I’m relaxed. I’m renewed. And God do I LOVE the life You’re giving me today. This is exactly what I wanted so I will not regret the steady pay check…
…but just so you know, I still would really like a paying 8-5 job, just saying…