This was something I’d talked about for a long time–making a list of my pet peeves. It’s not that I’m an impatient, unhappy person (though some would definitely disagree). It’s the fact that I’m “particular.”
It started with an email. (this is one of the top fives). My family emails. I love them. I hate their emails. Not all of them, most of them. What’s with hitting reply all?! EVERY TIME, even to start a new conversation or subject?! Really?! So I’m standing in line at Starbucks reading through these (if I remember correctly, it was about a Yard Sale turned Vacation.) Then the REALLY SLOW latte boy called my name. I was reaching for my drink and ACHOOOOOOO! So begins my infamous ongoing list of pet peeves.
- People who sneeze or blow their noses in public
- People that are slow in everything they do. talk, eat, walk, drive. come on!
- People who smack when they are chewing gum
- Out of control kids
- Slow baristas when there is obviously no line
- Humor that is made at someone else’s expense
- People who are easily offended by dry humor
- People who drag their feet when they walk
- People who call and don’t leave messages (though I do this too….)
- When people ask questions when the answer is SO obvious
- When the silverware in the dishwasher is loaded eating side down
- Being in the left turning lane but missing the arrow because the idiot in front of you wants to go straight
- e-mail threads that have become so long there should have been two new subject lines by now
- People with no ounce of respect
- Robot customer service people
- When people say “You’re so young”
- Ohhh good one, when people my age call me “Honey,” “Sugar bee,” “Hey GORGEOUS,” lame!
- When my dad recycles zip-lock baggies
- The table being set wrong (Snobby I know, but I like to think my parents $$ for cotillion paid off)
- People who answer the phone when they are with someone else. (my mom is notorius for doing this. I HATE IT mostly when we’re eating dinner
- When “the plan” gets changed fifty times because of controlling people
that’s all for now.. more to come in a follow-up I’m sure!